Given the chance, I’ll run collets rather than multi-jaw chucks any day! Why? Collets offer superior concentricity (compared to a 3-jaw chuck), better grip, and can hold delicate items without crushing them. Furthermore, collet chucks are safer to use because they keep your lathe tools away from harm (via protruding nose) and don’t have sharp […]
Subscribe to Updates!
- 3-Phase for the Shop: Static Phase Converters -vs- Rotary Phase Converters -vs- Variable Frequency Drives
- Shipping Container Shop Custom Door Build
- iGaging EZ Data Micrometers: Overview, Measurement, Data Logging
- Atlas 5C Quickie Collet Chuck: An Ideal Lathe Workholding Solution
- Winchester 70 Rebarrel Part 3: Tools of the Trade
- Winchester 70 Rebarrel Part 2: Start to Finish Process
- Winchester 70 Rebarrel Part 1: Overview
- Precision Matthews PM-1440GT Lathe Arrives!
- 3-Phase for the Shop: 3-Phase -vs- 1-Phase Power
- A Tour of Gavin’s Logan 11″x36″ Metal Lathe